Saturday, February 1, 2014

Crimson Worlds VII: The Shadow Legions Released

The Shadow Legions is now available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Amazon

Barnes and Noble

It should be live on Kobo and Smashwords at any time.


For my dead tree fans, Amazon should have the print book available in 3 or 4 days.  The audiobook is fully recorded, and it should be available within the next two weeks.

I'm going to leave this post for a few days to get the word out about the book, but starting next week, I'm going to start posting much more frequently on here.  It sort of crept up on me, but quite a few of you come to this blog every day.  I'm going to start talking about some other books (not mine) that I have really enjoyed, as well as keep you all better informed of what I'm working on.

Also, I want to remind you all...I have always hated waiting a year or more the the next book in a series, so I try to get mine out as quickly as possible.  As such, I really have no extra time built into the schedule.  So, if I get sidetracked with something...of if I just want to do some additional reworking (or make the book longer), it will affect the release date.  I don't want to make you wait weeks more for most books because I padded the release date...and I don't want to not make changes I think improve the book.  So, once in a while, a release date will slip.  I apologize for when this does happen, and I assure you I do my best to get things out on time.  Unfortunately, this is an inexact science.

I hope you like the book!  You guys are why I do this.

The Shadow Legions



The war with the First Imperium is over, and Grand Fleet is limping home from the frontier.  Erik Cain, Augustus Garret, and the rest of the high command are grimly satisfied that humanity has been saved from the First Imperium menace.  There is no joy, however…no elation at the “victory.”  The losses this time were too heavy…too personal…to bear.  They did what had to be done to drive back the enemy and save the human worlds from certain destruction.  Now they were left to find a way to live with the gut wrenching decisions that victory had required.

Augustus Garret needed time.  Time for repairs, time to replace losses, time to learn how to go on in the aftermath of what he’d done.  But the fleet wasn’t heading for a well-deserved rest…they were moving into another firestorm.  A new menace, one as deadly as the First Imperium, was waiting for them, and it threatened to shatter the fragile alliance of the Earth powers and throw all of human space into another desperate war…one that might be the final confrontation.

On world after world, mysterious forces are invading, taking control of the most vital colonies.  The invaders are well-drilled powered infantry, veteran forces that quickly shattered the planetary militias and established brutal occupation regimes.

Garret, Cain, and the leaders of the Alliance’s forces must rally themselves once again to face this new threat…an unknown enemy that is as well trained, experienced, and equipped as the Marines themselves.  Indeed, on some colony worlds rumors are already spreading that the invaders are the Marines themselves, that they have come to conquer, to rule…


No comments:

Post a Comment