Friday, February 15, 2013

Fantasy & Crimson Worlds IV

I haven't posted in a while.  I've had a lot of things going on that have kept me away, so I just wanted to touch on a couple items.

I've had a lot of emails about future Crimson Worlds books, and early next week I'm going to post a guide to the next several books in the series as well as providing some insight into the rest of the series story arc.  The series tells an overall story of sorts, and within this there are multiple smaller storylines.  For those who have asked, I currently expect the series to have eight total books (plus a few other items like the prequel novellas).  That could change to nine or ten depending on how the outline develops into the written later books.  Sometimes a story takes a little longer to tell and may need an extra book (or just a longer one).  There is a definite conclusion to the series, though it will be a while before we get there.  In the much longer term, I do have notes for a follow-up series, set in the same universe at a point some years in the future.  I'll chat about all that on here long before any of it is done.

For those of you interested in Crimson Worlds IV, which will be released in March, I will begin posting some sample chapters on here the end of next week. 

I also wanted to take a moment to say thank you to all of those who have purchased audiobooks of Marines and The Cost of Victory.  The sales of these editions have enormously exceeded my expectations.  A Little Rebellion and Tombstone will be available in the next several weeks as well.

Lastly, I wanted to let you all know that my fantasy novel, The Dragon's Banner, is on sale this week for 99 cents (reg. $4.99).  For any who are interested, I'll provide the links below.  As many of you know (especially lots of you who've emailed back and forth with me), military SF is my first and true love.  It's the biggest portion of what I read and also of what I write.  I've been fortunate enough to have a fantastic amount of contact with my readers, and most of you seem to be of a similar mindset.  For me there is no substitute.  Books like the Forever War and Starship Troopers were massive influences to me, and I can assure you all that I will be writing in the genre for a long time.

That said, I do read and also write some fantasy as well.  I find that working in a couple genres makes me a better writer.  I find that writing something different once in a while gives me better clarity than grinding away at a single storyline all the time.  The Dragon's Banner is the only fantasy I've published to date, though I have more in various stages of development.  It's an Arthurian-themed book telling the story of Uther Pendragon.  I wrote it somewhat on a lark, and I've pretty much ignored it from a promotional perspective.

For those of you devoted to military SF, I can promise you a number of new Crimson Worlds books this year as well as the first in a new series this fall.

The Dragon's Banner at Amazon

The Dragon's Banner at B&N

No comments:

Post a Comment