Friday, November 30, 2012

Marines Paperback (and other updates)

Marines (Crimson Worlds I) is now available in paperback.

Marines Paperback at Amazon

The Cost of Victory (Crimson Worlds II) should be available in paperback by early next week.


Also, a quick update, as I have been getting a lot of emails.  I am gratified that a lot of people are anxious for book three.  Crimson Worlds Book III (A Little Rebellion) will be out the last week of December.  I had originally wanted it out in the middle of the month, but I live in NYC, and lost about two weeks to power outages caused by Hurricane Sandy.  The book turned out to be a little longer than the others, and I've been working on edits.  I will post here and on my mailing list when it is live on the various sites.

Also, if you're not on my mailing list and want to join, just go to my site and sign up.  I don't spam my list; I just send out updates and announcements as well as the occasional free story.

www.crimsonworlds.com

I also think I created some confusion with the publication of the first of three prequel novellas.  I've gotten a few emails and even got dinged on a review because there was some confusion about the books, etc. in the series.

The core Crimson Worlds series (all full length novels) is:

Marines (available)
The Cost of Victory (available)
A Little Rebellion (December 2012)
The First Imperium (March 2013)
Books 5 & 6 (TBA)

Since as a reader I tend to find myself craving more backstory, I decided to write several prequel novellas, each telling the story of one of the major characters before the events in the main series.  These are not full-length novels; they are novellas, about one-third the length of the novels.  Some people like shorter works, others may not.  While there is a lot of backstory in these, none of them will have anything necessary to the main series.  So, if you don't like short works or aren't interested in the prequels, it won't detract from the series itself.  If you like more info on the universe in the series and some side-stories the prequels offer that.

Crimson Worlds Prequels:

Tombstone (available now) - Tombstone on Amazon - Backstory on Darius Jax
Consequence of Command (Early January 2013) - Backstory on Augustus Garret
The Gates of Hell (February 2013) - Backstory on Elias Holm

As always, if anyone has any questions or comments, please email me any time - jayallanwrites@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment